"Rebreathers Simplified" by Dr. Mel Clark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the postal service tried to do its best to destry it but the book arrived in the mail today :bounce2:

a quick flick thru tells me im going to have to read it after hubby as its very interesting

many thanks!!!

Please post a review when you can and email me any type-o's that you might bump into so we can correct it.

Enjoy the book.

Was the book damaged ?????

Please post a review when you can and email me any type-o's that you might bump into so we can correct it.

Enjoy the book.

Was the book damaged ?????

thanks Curt...will tell hubby as he plans to start reading it today

the postal service tried its best (the box was all smashed & torn) but the book/pages are undamaged

thanks again

OK, I am up to chapter 5

And I give it the 2 thumbs up rating :lotsalove:

I believe it is a great book for the beginner and for the certified RB diver.

Yes, I do wish I had this book 2 years ago, but reading the book now, I can say that I am adding a few more rules to my diving with a RB. That is, alomg with the Know your PO2 Rule.

Also so far, I have had a few things reinforced and confirmed and I like Mel's open discussion on what can be right or wrong for the individual and the unit that the unit the individual will be diving.

The paragraph in regards to the EAC Cartridges and the Dreaded Caustic Cocktail was an eye opener.

The way I see if you are Rebreather Diver or looking at going into RB diving, you need this book in your library and list of references.

Well Done on the book

:acclaim::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

thanks Curt...will tell hubby as he plans to start reading it today

the postal service tried its best (the box was all smashed & torn) but the book/pages are undamaged

thanks again

I see that you and almity1 were married under water. Mel and I also took the plunge a few years back and were the first ones to get hitched underwater on KISS Classics. Our wedding took place in Seattle on a beautiful day with full media coverage.

What a great way to go, I would recommend it to anyone:D.

Here is a link to RBW with some pictures of our exciting event:

Cheers,

Curt

RebreatherWorld Gallery - The Wedding KISS - Powered by PhotoPost

Apart from the appendixes on current rebreathers how does the book compare to Bozanic's 'Mastering Rebreathers'?

Just wondering if I should expand my RB libary...

Apart from the appendixes on current rebreathers how does the book compare to Bozanic's 'Mastering Rebreathers'?

Just wondering if I should expand my RB libary...

Yes, expand your library with both books....

Mels book has the up to date info, while Bozanic's book still has valid information.

We're engaged... i wonder if my missus will let me buy a RB so we can get married!?
... i guess not.
:D

Get married to the RB or the Missus?

(Hmm: wife or rebreather – it’s a tough choice and both have benefits. Any thoughts Almity1?)

Back
Top Bottom