Rebuilding my own 2nd stages for the first time. Lever cycles, but regs don't give gas. No purge.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgfishy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As per title... I've got two Atomic M1s exhibiting the same problem. I've completely disassembled and reassembled them both multiple times, and this keeps happening. Very frustrated!

My best guess is that I've somehow messed up the reassembly of the poppet/lever arrangement within the demand valve.

The unpressurized demand lever springs like a good unit, goes limp under pressure, and cycles when I try to breathe the reg... But nothing comes out. Checked the service guide multiple times—I definitely seem to be orienting the poppet and lever correctly... But nada.

Any tips?

So if you remove the diaphragm and have the regulators pressurized, pressing on the demand lever do you flow gas?

I hadn't actually checked that... Can you explain what that troubleshoots?

However, I did just fix it! My dumb ass adjusted the spring ALLLLLLLLLL the way down.

I'd still appreciate an explanation of them above, if you'd humor me. I'm still obviously very new to this, and want to learn everything I can.

Unpressurized is the demand lever touching the top of the diaphragm?
This would of given me an idea of where your lever height was when you had no purge. Good job fixing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom