Rebuilt my Dive Rite MLS Can light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabuzzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So while I was going through my storage unit I found my old Dive Rite MLS dual battery behemoth that I used to use for a dual halogen video light rig. I bought the light back in 2002 and it went in storage back in 2006. So needless to say... the batteries were dead and would hold much charge. Well, with my better half getting in to diving and planning on going to tech with me, I thought I would rebuild the thing and make a few mods while I was at it. (since an MLS doesn't seem to be worth jack nowadays)

I basically wanted it to be single OR double battery without too much hassle to switch between the two. And I wanted to make the batteries field switchable if we were doing something that required multiple sets of batteries but no charger time (like a weekend camping and diving). I haven't come up with a good way of switching the battery in the cage without tools (You need to unscrew the two screws that are in the dowels for the battery cage to slide the battery out but I think its a good start in the right direction)

I wrote a blog post about it with pictures if anyone is interested: Dive Right MLS Rebuild | Tech Dive Team

Thanks for looking

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom