Rec Vs. Technical???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW, that was a long read....

As for lake Michigan, did you know we have 2 dive boats on the lake? Scuba Diving In Michigan Lake With DRIS Charters - Dive Right In Scuba - Boat Charters

If you want to get out there, we have all the experience you could ask for from diving it ourselves to Captains that have even found some pretty badass wrecks and even helped with a Sub that NOBODY knows where it is :wink: well, some people do. My point is, we can get you anywhere you need to go with your diving needs here whether it's gear or just diving. The point of diving is as you said a few times in this thread, to have fun. My guys here are dive junkies, they love talking dive. So when you come in here, they get fired up as they are passionate about it and love sharing it with others :)

We start putting temporary markers on the wrecks in April, so let me know when you want to join us. We will start on some shallower wrecks to get you used to whatever new gear you have, as well as our boats and the lake. Then, we will keep graduating as far as you want to go :wink:. We have everything from 30ft to 190 in our area. We have the whole southern end of the lake to the Waukegan area diveable from our boats.

Check out some pics of where your adventure will take you:

Anyone who can name all the wrecks gets a free charter:

View attachment 202947View attachment 202948View attachment 202949View attachment 202951View attachment 202952View attachment 202953

Also, you sent me a PM the other day, and I have sent a couple responses :wink: Let me know when you are free to talk or want to come in. I would love to show you around the shop and talk dive and help you map out your wreck future...whether you do training, charters, and gear from us or not.

Double Action (not a wreck) lol
Wisconsin
Thomas Hume
Buccaneer
Straits of Mac

---------- Post added February 11th, 2015 at 03:41 PM ----------

PS... Thanks Mike and Chris at DRIS... spent hours with me coming up with a plan that allowed me to get the gear I need and still have money to dive. The only request is that your closer to my house ... lol See you all at Our World Under Water.

Double Action (not a wreck) lol
Wisconsin
Thomas Hume
Buccaneer
Straits of Mac

---------- Post added February 11th, 2015 at 03:41 PM ----------

PS... Thanks Mike and Chris at DRIS... spent hours with me coming up with a plan that allowed me to get the gear I need and still have money to dive. The only request is that your closer to my house ... lol See you all at Our World Under Water.

Nope, 1 wrong Chris :wink:

---------- Post added February 11th, 2015 at 09:25 PM ----------

Still waiting for someone to win a free charter... :)

Chris, here is a little teaser showing our dive boats to get you a little more excited for the opening of Lake Michigan:
[video=vimeo;105730592]https://vimeo.com/105730592[/video]

Last edited:
I dive the Milwaukee Car Ferry in Lake Michigan about 6 times a year. I use N29 and my dive times are between 33-39 minutes with a max depth of 100 feet. The propeller is at 114 feet. The wreck is starting to collapse especially in the stern. To squeeze in I would need to go in feet first and take off my pony bottle. I prefer to be the one that can surface and call 911.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom