Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to sit out. Went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. Have a small ear infection. Don't want screw up my Playa trip next week.

Sorry .... Let me know if you go out. I might drive up and hang with you for a bit.

BTW - Vista point is far less silty than DT Road.

jcf

Lake Pleasant: (Waddell Dam)
More information: Central Arizona Project

Max. Elevation (ft): 1,702
Current Elevation (ft): 1,650
Max. Surface (acres): 9,957
Current Surface (acres): 6,582
Feet Below Max.: -52
Percent Full: 50%

Source: AZ Fish and Game Web Site - Updated 10/30/2008

////

So is anyone diving tomorrow morning? and where should we meet?

I would like to do a dive or two early tomorrow (Saturday) morning. I've never dove over at Vista Point. Sounds interesting but I would need some directions about where to go and where to park, etc.

So is anyone diving tomorrow morning? and where should we meet?

I would like to do a dive or two early tomorrow (Saturday) morning. I've never dove over at Vista Point. Sounds interesting but I would need some directions about where to go and where to park, etc.

Hey Josh1,

You're welcome to join me and Bill at burro Island. That's where you, Mike and I dove a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if anybody is going to Vista Point.

Steve.

Great. I'll be there 7am -ish. I may be a few minutes late. I am driving from Mesa.

See you there.

Thanks to Steve and Josh for a couple of great dives this morning.

Visibilty was fairly good above 50'. Water level is still low however, boat traffic was extremely light.

The park was sponsoring a "Cook Off" over at the boat ramp this afternoon. Of course, Steve and I felt compelled to have a post-dive brew and a bite to eat. Nice idea however, both vendors and attendance was sparce.

Just another great day at the lake.

Regards, Bill

I agree Bill, great dive this morning. Can't wait to get back out and do it again. (Just not to 85' and 0 Vis :shocked2:) That was my bad navigating. I should have stayed above the 50' barrier where the vis started to turn bad. But at least I didn't notice any difference in temp, well not to my body anyway. I didn't even think to look at my temp guage because I wasn't cold. Seemed almost comfortable at all levels as far as temperature went and I was still just wearing the 3mm. Probably the last dive of the season in a 3mm though.

Thanks again Steve and Bill. Great dive day. Great weather, Great sparcity to the boat traffic, and great company. I learned alot. See you out there again.

- Josh

Thanks to Bill and Josh for two great dives. Vis was probably 8 to 10 feet as long as we stayed above 50' deep. It deteriorated pretty quickly below that. Temp remained about 68 degrees from surface to 85'. We found a parking lot area on the second dive. It was at a depth of about 20 feet to the south east of Burro Island (about a 15 minute swim). We turned to the south for a few minutes and the parking lot fell in to a large sink hole. We explored it down to about 50 feet. It went a lot deeper. We were probably 150 yards to the east of our first dive so if it's the same sink hole we found then it must be pretty big.
The lake just keeps giving up new things to explore. Great diving guys!

Steve.

Last edited:
Anyone diving the Lake this weekend (11/08)? I know you won't be there Steve, but if anyone else is already planning on diving, then I might come over and join in.

Mindy will be doing some checkout dives, and I'll likely be there as well to sneak off for some fun dives! We'll probably be around Burro Island Saturday morning @ 8

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom