Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once the sun dropped behind the horizon the wind completely died down. Glassy surface conditions. Awesome diving. Water temp in the shallows was 84-86. Vis 10-15 feet. Lots of fish around including a couple cats. Below the thermocline vis dropped to a few feet at most and water temp was 68. Boat traffic was very quiet.

PD

Dove Vista Point with Steve (ScubaSteve2000) this morning. If the lake gets any lower, you'll have to take a shuttle down to the water.

Water is very warm above thermocline however, visibility is spotty at best (0 to maybe 15' in spots).

Always a pleasure diving with Steve.

Regards, Bill

No limit on crawdads. Went out three weeks ago spearfishing again with 4 friends. Spent 7hrs in the water and never did find that elusive Striped Bass. Vis has really declined and we swam towards Honeymoon Cove from the harbor.
We got over half way there and decided we were never going to find the clear water. We turned back and were picked up by a nice SCUBA couple in their 18' pontoon, forgot their name but a big thanks for the lift.
There was one spot that did have around 20 ft of vis with water in the low 70's. Thermocline was around 15'-20' with the rest of the lake being at 35'-40'. Weird how the thermocline was so high without a river or creek around.

Anybody going to the lake on Monday?

I'm bringing a shovel so I can dig a hole for the safety stop.

Buddy Mark and I dove near Vista Point today. It was a perfect day all the way around. We got there before 8:00am. There was one other group of divers out on VP proper. We were over by the picnic table. The boaters behaved themselves all day. The lake was not busy at all. The surface temps were comfortable. The thermocline remains at about 45 feet. Vis ranged from 20 feet in some areas and depths to "this sucks". Especially where the carp were tearing up the bottom.

We saw a lot of little swimmers schooled up in dozens and maybe hundreds. Guess they didn't get the memo. Temps above the thermocline ranged from 84º at the surface to 79º at the thermocline. Below the thermocline it was probably in the low 70s or even upper 60s but we didn't spend enough time there to get a good reading.
Vis seemed to open up below 50 feet (we did stray into the chill a few times). A Solo diver that set up next to us reported that the vis got sucky again below 80 feet.

Great time! Ready for next weekend. Who's diving??

Great time! Ready for next weekend. Who's diving??

We'll be at the lake Saturday- around 8 I think. Any ideas for a good spot- haven't been up in a while... I'm thinking we'll try Burro Island with the water as low as it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom