Recent UEMIS experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AegeDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After carefully analyzing, I ordered one UEMIS SDA two weeks ago. Here is my summary: I had 4 dives with UEMIS along with another wireless watch/computer. The graphical user interface & visibility of UEMIS was phenomenal as OLED makes the difference. The functionality was similar to the other unit for the limited test that I did. These tests covered depth read, tank pressure, bottom time, deco time and ascend/descend warnings. The solar panel definitely functional as I saw the unit was getting charged between the dives.

I am a recreational diver but I can see that I can grow with this unit supporting me as I get more skilled to explore beyond. I look forward to receiving my own SDA and having many healthy & fun dives with it.

Happy Diving,
-AD

Got my SDA today. It is a solid built device. I wish there was a compass integrated to it :D but I guess that UEMIS designers have their reasoning. I also logged my 4 dives from the demo unit to myuemis account. That's very cool. Now, I am not dependent on a specific computer as long as I access to internet where ever I go.

One more thing, the configuration and settings can be only set manually on UEMIS. It is not a big deal but in my opinion that the SDA configuration should be done on the computer and downloaded through USB to the SDA.

Happy Diving,
-AD

Hi AD,

I just got mine a week ago as well and have 1 dive so far - love it!!!

I asked a similar question about configuration of the UEMIS directly to the UEMIS info email address and have pasted the Q and A here for you - might help a little. I'm not sure that it covers the intial startup setup, though that would be really cool!

Q: Can the transfer of information between the SDA and the online dive log be both ways or just 1 way from SDA to online? It would be much easier to add all the dive site, buddy, equipment info etc on the computer then transfer back to the SDA. Same for setting up my equipment list, much easier to do on the PC.

A: It works bidirectional. Divespots and contacts you can enter on line. After the synch of the Uemis you can edit the dives and fill in your equipment. Within the next FW update your set equipment will be stored in any case. Within the today’s 1.10 it can happen, that you’ll lost them, if you miss to go into the menu of the Uemis before the dive.

yes, also when you are looking at a dive on the community, usually over to the right you'll see a "what can I do here" click on that, 'portal' is the key word :)

when you want to upload a dive to the community, from your myuemis log, look for the 'portal' option there as well :)

it goes omni-directional... SDA, myuemis (the log) and uemis.org (the community) *grin*

I tried an upload today but found that it uploaded everything including my buddies phone number - not cool! Is there a way to select what gets uploaded or the hide indentifiers like that?

Great idea though!

Thanks, BB1. I agree with your comment about selectivity of data being transferred to myuemis account. This is something that firmware designers can easily fix in the ARM processor of the SDA :)

I will keep comparing it to my backup computer and post my findings. Looking forward to my dives this summer.

Hi Scootergirl,

I haven't tried it but I think it loads it to myuemis account /community. Will try and let you know.

-AD

the myuemis account will match your dive computer... you can add buddies there and they transfer to your SDA... this is not 'public' data.

you have to specifically select the contact to portal it to the community, and they must already be a member, or an institution in the community. All you are doing is linking it to that persons page, they will have already selected their privacy commands. "create link with portal data"

"Using this function you can link contacts on your SDA with a member or an institution on uemis DiveWorld. Please enter the nickname, the full name or the e-mail address of the entry on DiveWorld you want your contact to be linked with."

Thank you for the detailed response, ScooterGirl. I also realized that myuemis portal has a lot more control and filtering capabilities than what I thought. Kudos to UEMIS team.

BTW, I will be in the warm waters of Southwest Turkey in two weeks. I'll be taking the SDA with me and use every opportunity that I can get to test it. :D

Happy Diving,
-AD

Back
Top Bottom