Recent water temperature? (June, 2023)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a heated vest as will be going to Galapagos in May 2024 with friends. Any recommendations?

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a heated vest as will be going to Galapagos in May 2024 with friends. Any recommendations?
For wetsuits (and dry): Venture: Waterproof Heated Dive Undersuit | Venture Heat (or the equivalent, Fix: First Look: Fisheye FIX Under Warmer -).

I've got one of their vests (well, two....but one refuses to pair with the controller, so it is a paperweight, not a heated vest). Nice construction, but the battery size (and heat output) was much greater than I wanted for CZM in June so I used a different (older) vest. Maybe I'll use the Venture in Dec/Jan, when I'd be wearing and using the vest for every dive.

The other product in this space, Thermulation, is now out of business. I've got several of their vests, which I've used on several trips. They are more compact than the Venture vests. The Thermulation wireless controller is more convenient to charge, but their hard-wired controller is a frequent point of failure. The Thermulation batteries are smaller -- in capacity (duration) and size (and weight), which can be a good thing. However, their wiring and connectors are a smaller gauge and are more fragile than the Venture vests.

There are other options that are only suitable for dry-suits, but I have no personal experience.

dove June 27-July 1st. Water temp was 84-85 on my Mares dive watch. And that’s about what it felt like. I used a 2mil Full suit- but plenty of people were going sans wetsuit. I’m scrawny and cold tho. Was impressed with the quality of the reef. Improved over my last trip to Coz in 2020. The dive instructors claimed that the reef came back nicely after the cruise ships stopped due to Covid.

The dive instructors claimed that the reef came back nicely after the cruise ships stopped due to Covid.
I have often wondered if it's the cruise ships themselves or all the passengers lathered up with sunscreen when they snorkel or even dive. Then again it may not be the sunscreen but that the coral is traumatized by the really bad, cheap, tattoos on them.

This is pertinent to the Cozumel forum, how? The water around Cozumel is barely cooler than bath water; you will likely get a better answer in another section of Scubaboard.

Back
Top Bottom