recent water temps in komodo/alor/wakatobi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow,what an amazing thing to see,molten rock at night....
must check that out one day.....
have a great recovery and it will be good to read the report...
thanks...

wow,what an amazing thing to see,molten rock at night....
must check that out one day.....
have a great recovery and it will be good to read the report...
thanks...
It is worth it to do the trip again just to see this sight! Trip report coming soon! Last night I got around 2 hours sleep! I hate jet lag! Any suggestions?

Last night I got around 2 hours sleep! I hate jet lag! Any suggestions?

Melatonin. Get the 5mg size at any health food type store. Works great for us after an Indo trip. The jet lag from here to there seems not to affect us so much, but coming back is bad!

I agree 100 percent! Going over was no big deal but coming home has been horrible! I tried melatonin but only 3 milligrams . I will go back and get the 5 milligram size. Thanks for the tip!

I just arrived last night in Tucson from Thailand. Mega trip, and mega jet lag. I try to give myself a day to sleep off the travel fatigue (got up at 1 p.m. today) and then I take melatonin to get back on schedule. If I go straight to the melatonin without getting enough rest first, I usually catch a cold or something. It works pretty much the same for me in either direction, unfortunately, though I find that if I dive right away the jet lag is cured about 4 or 5 times faster.

As for water temps, I was at Wakatobi last week (yeah, got home to Thailand from Wakatobi and 24 hours later was en route to Tucson), and I was pleased that I had decided to take my 5mm--I noticed the "cold" water every time I dropped in, but I didn't feel cold often during the dives, once the initial chill wore off.

I finally posted my trip report. thread called Dewi Nusantar-Komodo/alor/wakatobi/ south tip of Buton and scuba seraya.
Thanks for the tip Quero!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom