Recomendations for a technical diving book/manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravisS.

Registered
Reaction score
I have been searching for a good technical read on advanced scuba and dive physics. Any book covering dive medicine would also be of interest.

I would recommend two: Deco for Divers by Mark Powell, which is a superb book on decompression, and The Six Skills and Other Discussions by Steve Lewis. Neither is a medical book, but Mark's book is an excellent discussion of what is known and not known about managing decompression for recreational and technical diving, and Steve's book is a very good examination of diving strategies for technical (or recreational) divers. Both are well written and easy to read.

I have just about finished reading The Six Skills and Other Discussions and have found it a good read with useful information and accessible format.

I have Deco for Divers on the way.

You can complete these two awesome books by reading the IANTD Encyclopedia where you'll find some physics and physio. The PADI is nice too even if less focused on tech dives. To better understand tables, algo and doing some math, I highly recommend "The Physics od Scuba Diving" by Marlow Anderson, a very nice and easy to read book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom