Recommend a LDS between Pickering and Vaughan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys and gals,

I have a co-worker who is looking to get certified with his son and daughter. Having just moved here two weeks ago I have no opinion on any dive shops in his areas (between Vaughan and Pickering). Any recommendations? I'd say his biggest focus is having a shop that will properly prepare his two kids to dive with him. The next big factor is the cost involved...

So which shops would you say have a good reputation for training Padi? And which ones should he avoid?

I am not trying to start a flame war here though...so PM if preferred.

Do they want to stay outside Toronto? If not, Watersports Scuba on Yonge St at Summerhill is good.

There's three others I would recommend. Dive Source (out in Oshawa so not far from Pickering and you dont have to fight traffic going in and out of the city), Aquarius is at Dundas west of Jane and Scuba2000 at HWY 7 and Leslie...

There are no shortage of LDS in this area,

Come check out Aquaquest in Uxbridge, they are a brand new shop, Grand opening is Sept 11 Weekend.

The owner (Steve) is a long time Padi Instructor.

The Checkout dives are performed in a safe environment where the students don't need to worry about boat traffic or currents.

170 Reach Street, Unit D
Uxbridge, Ont
L9P 1L3
(905) 862-3608

Hope to see you out there

Cheers

Kunundrum

Thanks for the info guys. Him and his family are going with a shop near pickering. I didn't get the name of the place as it has been hectic around work.

On a positive note I am finally getting into some freshwater this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom