Recommendations for Christmas in Cozumel? Aldora? Hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I think I understand--the villas must not be on the water, if one has to go to the pier that Aldora uses. But if you stay at one of the usual hotels, Aldora will pick you up on one of their boats, yes?

Besides their willingness to go to the other side with the Port is closed, I've always heard such great things about Aldora--their boats, their service, etc. I guess the downside is the price. (Not unreasonable, I know.)

The Villa Aldora is right on the water and only our large bad weather boat cannot dock there. You can fish from several of the rooms.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dave, I'm sorry I didn't understand. So usually people catch their boat at your dock right there? And there are restaurants/places to get food within walking distance? That sounds pretty ideal.

Sorrows, getting the Cozumel map/guide from cancunmap.com might be a good purchase to help you decide on a hotel.

Sorrows,

Yes, you catch your boat right there at the Villa. The walk into town is only about 15 minutes or so. I have done it many times. The only time I take a taxi, is when I return to the Villa from the grocery store on the south side of town. Otherwise the walk ain't that bad really. B.

I have gone Christmas week several times and from what the OP stated The Villa and Aldora would be perfect for them. Far enough away from Centro but close enough to get to quickly if needed. And as far a price goes they are right in line with many other ops and if you do the math with the long bottom times it probably is cheaper. My last dive Christmas day was one hour and a half .

Alan, that sounds heavenly. I prefer longer dives and dislike the "let's all go in a line to this arbitrary point and then turn around" thing. Of course, being obsessed with blennies and other small critters, I can happily park myself in one spot for the entire dive.

I'm assuming you were pleased with the divemasters?

If you were there at Christmas, how did you find the weather? Did you lose any dive days?

Alan, that sounds heavenly. I prefer longer dives and dislike the "let's all go in a line to this arbitrary point and then turn around" thing.
How often does that happen in Cozumel?

I can happily park myself in one spot for the entire dive.

This will be tough to do in Cozumel. Most of the dives are drift dives, and you go when the current goes.

How often does that happen in Cozumel?

This will be tough to do in Cozumel. Most of the dives are drift dives, and you go when the current goes.

Once in some REALLY freaky currents we crossed over a green moray like 3 times till the current stopped changing.

Back
Top Bottom