recommendations for dual gas computer similar to DiveRite Nitek??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrpat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It’s been awhile since I posted on this board but somebody out there knows the answer to my question. As the proud owner of two Dive Rite Nitek Duo computers that I just sent back to Dive Rite for service I wondered why did they drop the Duo and Trio computers from their product line? Were there problems with them?Or as was my experience, they worked so well and were so easy to use that no one needed to trade up?
The Duo & Trio design, numeral size, button use & location were perfect for me. Which dual or three gas computers come closest to the Dive Rite products. What are the tech folks recommending?

Thanks I’m a bit out of touch

Mr. Pat

Last edited:
The Aladin Tec 3G is still available.

However, given that I just sold a redundant Shearwater Predator for $500 and given that seems to be the market price, if I had to choose between a watch style computer like the TUSA Talis for $440, or a 2 or 3 gas nitrox computer like the Aladin 3G or the Nitek Duo or Trio for similar money, I'd go with a used Predator or Petrel for less than $100 more. It has a lot more growth potential.

Tusa Zen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are planning on buying a multigas dive computer, I would suggest buying a real multigas computer, rather than just 2 or 3, more like 8 to 10 possible gases, so that as you move along into tec diving there will be no need to buy yet another computer. some will allow you to add gases U/W should you forget to reset or if you exchange cylinders underwater with a buddy. this also allows for trimix which may have 4 or more gases. I have a Suunto HELO2 and a Liquivision X1. I note that the Suunto tends to have longer deco times than the X1. but clearly price is an issue and features are your preference so look at many first. What do your usual dive buddies use or dive shop feature?

This is really good time to pick up a used Petrel or Predator, since people are selling them in order get the new Perdix which will be out in a week or so.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom