Recommendations for Duffle Bag for Dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please take a look at our gear bag. More than large enough and very rugged. Well under budget as well.

Many people will prefer to fly with the canvas bag and then when actually diving, a mesh bag has the advantage of being lighter and more easily stored on the boat.

You can purchase both for well under your budget.
Freedive Gear Bag

View attachment 442123
Ballistic Mesh Dive Bag | MAKO Spearguns

View attachment 442124

View attachment 442125

Looks interesting to me, although they are longer than I need, but of course I do understand why so.
But:
Could not find the weight on your website for either bag.

What is the actual weight (actual bag weight not shipping weight) for the gear bag?

What is it for the ballistic mesh bag?

For the gear bag, you write:
  • First, we dramatically increased the strength and thickness of our waterproof material, webbing and stitching.
Can you tell more please.
What is the fabric material (nylon, polyester, PU, ?)
What is the fabric weight?
Is it rip-stop or made such that tears do not propagate by some other means?

If I were you I would get the Apeks Dry 75 litre rucksack. It has shoulder straps and you can strap a couple 12 litre drybags on the side with caribiners if you need extra room.

I think the reason you think you need a 100 litre bag plus is because your wetsuit or Drysuit is taking up all the room. Once you fold it tightly and put a rope or elastic bike band around it, you’ll have much more room....

We use these and they will carry two Al80's. They are extremely heavy duty and I have used them flying.

Here is a newer variant of the classic military duffel. It is a side loader instead of a top load. Heavy duty canvas but has a total weight of about 2 1/2 lbs. I prefer it because you can access individual items in it unlike a top loader sea bag. It was government issue and is just barely within the standard 62" size (HxLxW) allowance for most airlines. There are some huge duffel bags out there but travelling by air you don't want to go oversized. Even if you get free bags, if they are oversized the charges will normally kick to n and they can get abusive.

https://www.amazon.com/US-Camouflag...rd_wg=6zYyj&psc=1&refRID=E8R4YHHZNA7SKVHWNZZ9

This is about twice what I paid last year for a slightly 'flawed' one from Amazon so look around, local Army Navy store had them for $45.

Last edited:
For my dive travel for several years now I have been using a Patagonia duffle backpack, that would probably do the job.

Very rugged and roomy.

NVBLURD.jpg

Black Hole 60L Duffel

I second the Patagonia Black Hole 60l. Holds all my diver gear minus my cutters and fins including my steel backplate. I carry it on wearing it as a backpack.

I got a Patagonia bag. Lime green color, very durable. No wheels which I do without to reduce weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom