Recommendations for good community to live and work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Benzo19

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi There,I'm getting to the business end of my scuba certifications so am looking for a place to live and work for 6 month next year.Really enjoyed Pulah Weh and Gili Trawangan was good but a little overdeveloped, does anyone have any gems out there they don't mind sharing?Would love it if there were some big aquatic life around the place to see as well as enough visitors to make a living.Cheers

Hi Mate

Depends on your Skills - Trade what you want to work as if you want to earn good money or just cover yourself - I take it you are not a diving Instructor ??
But there are lots places in The world however getting a work visa is alway the hardest Part .
I can recommend the Maldives , lots Jobs there in Lots fields and anywhere you would work you could dive on Days off and staff usually get a really good discount .
The Caribbean is also really nice and Lots places can dive off the beach , get a job in a Bar or somewhere , Utila/Roatan in Honduras , Curacao or Bonaire are great places to hang for 6 months .. there are 1000's Places - I see you are In Australia so Guess Not so many Languages you speak as That also Helps , nearer Home - Fiji, Vanuatu, Indonesia, etc But would be better find a Job first ..
I have spent 20 years Living and working everywhere - mainly as a Diving Instructor but met many other foreign staff working in various Jobs in the same places ..

I've worked in Dahab, Perhentians & Phi Phi but like Koh Tao so much I've stayed for 2 years, its a great lifestyle here & some good people.

Back
Top Bottom