Recommendations for Miami dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chachita

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HI, I'll be in Miami from May 27 to June 2nd for a family event and would like to do a couple of dives while there.

Can anyone recommend a good dive op in Miami with interesting day trips or wreck dives?

Thanks! :)

Thanks Daniel. I realize Miami isn't a diving destination. I've done the Emerald reef with South Beach Divers and it's not an interesting dive worth doing again, so I'm looking for a dive op that does the wrecks in the area. There are many in Fort Lauderdale, but I would prefer to not have to drive up. Do you know of any dive ops in Miami that do wrecks?

---------- Post added May 18th, 2013 at 05:24 PM ----------

After researching all options I decided to bite the bullet, rent a car and drive down to Key Largo. Scheduled for a two-tank dive on the Spiegel Grove May 29. Can't wait!!!!

smart move....that's a more memorable wreck dive..

Though there are not as many dive boats operating out of Miami as in years past, following are links to a pair of currently active businesses.

RJ Diving’s boat runs from the marina at the western side of South Beach.

RJ Diving Ventures - The Best Wreck and Reef Diving in Miami

Adventure Scuba Diving’s shop has just moved to a new location on Biscayne Blvd., not on the water, but the boats that they run operate out of Haulover, the cut that is located at the northern end of the island of Miami Beach.

Adventure Scuba Diving and Watersports

While the reefs in Miami have seen better days, there are some very interesting wrecks. I’m particularly fond of the Andro, Tenneco Towers, Deep Freeze, and Tortuga sites.

Contact the operators and see if they are running to any of the sites that you might care to visit. Now that the summer season is about to get rolling, the operators should start running on a daily basis, as opposed to the week-end only schedules that prevail in the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom