Recommendations for private charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Rowan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Staying at the Westin first week of August I have talked to RedSail for a few of the days any good suggestions for private charters? This is my first time going I have read so many threads it’s confusing as to who to use? Thanks in advance.

Hi @Tim Rowan, are you looking for a private guide, or a full private boat? You'll find that most dive operators on island can offer both options, and as has been mentioned many times on this board, there are no bad shops on Grand Cayman! Just go with the one that you have the best 'click' with!

Of the smaller ops, I have had good experiences with Cayman University Divers and Indepth Watersports. They may be able to provide what you are looking for.

Totally agree with the others. If you are planning on diving both morning and afternoon you might think about sticking with Red Sail. They pick you up and drop you off right on the beach at the Westin so you have a couple of hours to chillax and if you have non-diving friends or family you can eat with them without racing back and forth to where the boat is. Almost every single op does pick-up and drop-off along the SMB corridor so that is not something you need to work into the equation. Is it your first time going diving or going to Grand Cayman? If it is the diving it is super user friendly here so you will have a great time and if your concern is finding the right op, in all honesty you would have a hard time going wrong. I would love to say we are the best, but truthfully there is absolutely no best. Happy diving!!

Back
Top Bottom