Recommendations for Thailand Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonnyola87

Super Intelligent Shade of the Color Blue
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all.

My wife and I are taking a 2 week trip to Thailand next February-March. We want to do a week on a liveaboard followed by a week on land. Anyone have any recommendations for liveaboards and/or land travel? The Junk and the Phinisi seem to be solid bets. We don't need anything fancy, but are looking for at least semi-comfy accommodations. Moving from there to exploring the country a bit, which seems like it could be tricky to navigate. If anyone has any insight, it would be much appreciated!

Nice! We ended up (after a lot of research) putting a deposit down with the MV Andaman. They seem like they run a pretty nice charter, so I'm excited.

We are actually spending a week in March on The Junk followed by some time in Bangkok. Will be our first time in Thailand and first liveaboard.
Hope you have an amazing adventure! I am most excited about the Surin Islands and Richelieu Rock.
Have you decided what areas to explore on land after your liveaboard?

We are actually spending a week in March on The Junk followed by some time in Bangkok. Will be our first time in Thailand and first liveaboard.
Hope you have an amazing adventure! I am most excited about the Surin Islands and Richelieu Rock.
Have you decided what areas to explore on land after your liveaboard?
We’ll be there in March as well!
We are doing the MV Andaman for a week, then heading up North to Chiang Mai to explore the national parks.

Word of warning;

April is the hottest month in the Kingdom.

Even Phuket has this problem

Thailand New Year:

I'll be there in March as usual. I do avoid the north at this time of year for the haze issues Central mentioned.
It's pretty bad. @Jonnyola87

Good diving in Koh Lanta and Koh Lipe.

Boots and his team run a great liveabord boat, one of the best ones running

I did their liveaboard last year which was great in every aspect and added on Koh Phi Phi and Koh Racha for another 10 days with my other half that doesn't dive

This year we are going back with non diving friends for a big birthday celebration, but despite trying could not make the schedule work for a big blue liveboard and then meet friends, so doing a couple of days in Bankok, a couple in Railay, 8 nights on Koh Lanta with them all, where I will squeeze in 4 days diving and then having a couple of nights staying on Racha where I will get 3 more dives in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom