Recommendations near cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glad you like it.
ive been diving bohol for the past 7 or 8 years and every time is a blast. great dives, great people, great place, great food.

heres another to get you more excited:

hope you have an awesome time there

*** @ 2:02 lolz...

scrape that part of, it's so perfect!!! i wish i will have that kind of vis when i dip there

Check out the following site. (I can't post a link, but just copy the address to your browser or google the company name)

sea-explorers.com

I dived with Sea Explorers when I visited the Philippines. I spent 5 weeks island hopping with them and they organised the whole thing. Of course they can accommodate shorter visits as well though.
Very professional, and very well set up. They have various dive centres around the Philippines.

And the diving was awesome by the way! You'll love it there.

mr bad example// thanks :) I am going to check the site you mentioned!

hi manar
thanks for the kind words. as you can see, either bohol or malapascua wont dissapoint dive-wise.
like i mentioned in the post above if your looking for more things to do topside then bohol should be your choice.
also you can go dolhpin watching in bohol and if your luck enough to see a megapod ( i saw one back in 2005) then you will see thousands upon thousands of dolphins! im not talking about 5,000 here, im talking 25,000 or more! i havent seen anything like it even in blue planet or discovery. totally amazing. everywhere you look dolphins everywhere. no diving though in that area as it is open ocean. but even then... one of the most amazing thing ive ever seen.
with regards to malapscua though, threshers are beautiful but i go there mre for the mantas. and as you can see they arent small. the first manta in the vid was 15-16ft. add 25% to that u/w and it looks huge!
either way man, you cant go wrong for your sister diving-wise. but as a tourist you see more things in bohol.
send me a pm if you want some recommendations. id be happy to help.
wow... 25,000!?

if the chinese hear that you can be sure those dolphins will be in oyster sauce and in aphrodisiacs sooner than you can say "dolph fin soup"

Jag

wow... 25,000!?

if the chinese hear that you can be sure those dolphins will be in oyster sauce and in aphrodisiacs sooner than you can say "dolph fin soup"

Jag

Don't laugh....The Japanese are killing 20,000 plus each year, and 2,500 in one fishing village alone!!!:shocked2: If you haven't seen the documentary movie "The Cove", you should. However, be warned..if you are a dolphin lover, the movie will make you absolutely sick. I've posted a link to the web site and there are some milder videos there. You can also google it on Youtube. Help get the word out!

The Cove : Learn More

Last edited:
Yes, The Cove is a much watch.
But if I remember correctly from the film, 20000 dolphins are killed in the whole of Japan annually... Of which, 2000 are killed in Taiji.
Btw, I think Bohol is ok for your 1st trip to Philippines, it s a starter. Do Malapascua next! Imho, Malapascua is a must!

Yes, The Cove is a much watch.
But if I remember correctly from the film, 20000 dolphins are killed in the whole of Japan annually... Of which, 2000 are killed in Taiji.
QUOTE]

I Stand corrected, and edited the post. Thank you.

also you can go dolhpin watching in bohol and if your luck enough to see a megapod ( i saw one back in 2005) then you will see thousands upon thousands of dolphins! im not talking about 5,000 here, im talking 25,000 or more! i havent seen anything like it even in blue planet or discovery.

Thats a lot of Dolphins in one place?? :wink:

Cheers

well 25,000 was like my totally unscientific estimate but the boatmen were saying something like 50,000 which could be a little too much
but who knows, they could be right.

i've shown my sister, a dolphin lover, "the cove" website. she downloaded the movie using torrent and we're watching later... she flipped upon seeing the trailer.

arrr...

ranting aside, i still keep on watching rab's bohol vids!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom