Recommendations near cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xariatay// actually we still haven't decided where to go. My sister wants to see sharks in malapascua but then we'd better spend our whole week in malapascua. Fine with me but I am not sure if it's a good decision for my sister. Also 2 of our cousins may join us, if they join us I'd better go bohol.. Anyway thanks for the comment, bohol might be a must in the philippines :)

xariatay// actually we still haven't decided where to go. My sister wants to see sharks in malapascua but then we'd better spend our whole week in malapascua. Fine with me but I am not sure if it's a good decision for my sister. Also 2 of our cousins may join us, if they join us I'd better go bohol.. Anyway thanks for the comment, bohol might be a must in the philippines :)

yep! it's a must! ***proudly promotes*** you can go to a lot of places while gassing off before hitting the plane :) loboc river is a must see :)

well 25,000 was like my totally unscientific estimate but the boatmen were saying something like 50,000 which could be a little too much
but who knows, they could be right.

just watched the movie :) it's 23000.. but right after the killing suspension was lifted, japan tripled the killings... :shakehead:

manar,

i have dove both bohol and malapascua. if you have the time you can have both worlds, bohol is just a 2 hr ferry away from cebu. the only downside is land travel to malapascua is 3 hrs from cebu proper. like what i said, you can go to both malapascua and bohol if u have the time.

Manar, you should be able to arrange it so that you can shoot straight up to Malapascua, see what you want there and spend no more than 2 nights there, then travel to Bohol the next day and be ready to dive the following morning. Going from Malapascua to Bohol can be a long day of travel.. But, I am sure you can get everything arranged ahead of time so that it is relatively stress free.
I have spent a lot of time in Alona(Bohol) and been to Malapascua a couple of times.... I would highly recommend spending the majority of your time in Bohol. There are other places to go close in Cebu but sounds like you have family Bohol...

Next time you come to the Philippines try to check out Moalboal and Apo Island ..

philipan// I am going to the philippines with my sister and 3 cousins. I am qualified diver but rest of my companies are non - divers yet. So they have to get their license first, and we've got just 7 nights for scuba diving. So..
If I am going alone, I'd definitely do both bohol and malapascua.. however as my companies have to take their courses It would be hard for us to visit both places... ;( too sad!

Rogersea// Actually I almost decided to go to malapascua but then I called one of my cousins to make sure if she's okay with it and she said she's afraid of sharks.. Also I was worried about the visibility of malapascua. Most of the pictures I saw on the web weren't so clear. Oh, and we don't have any family in the philippines. We're just travellers.
Now I think we'd better go to bohol, well if i travel by myself then i'd love to visit both places but..
I won't forget about moalboal and apo island. Thanks a lot :)

Hello,

Name is Robert and will be in the Philippines in about the same time. Planning to head to Bohol and maybe travel some from there but maybe we should cross check itineraries?

Cheers

R.

staellitediver// After my companies' OW courses in bohol, we'll do some fun dives, and then try to visit chocolate hills, loboc river and we'll se tarsier monkeys too.
Nothing is sure yet except scuba diving but I thought about some options. Stay 1-2 days in 'Nuts huts' which is a very nice guesthouse near loboc river. Or visit anda beach. And probably will stay one night in cebu as our flight leaves from cebu.
We're also into rafting, cave exploring and visiting waterfalls but I guess we have to do some more researches..

Back
Top Bottom