Recommendations ? Will be in Melbourne in December, have two days available to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I will be in Melbourne in December. Hope to have two days for diving. Any recommendations?

Am into UW Photo and hoping to see some critters unique to the area, Weedy, Leafy Sea Dragons, Sea Lions Wobbegong etc.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Best option is to make your way down to the Mornington Peninsula and plan to dive at least one day over the weekend so you can take advantage of Dive Vic boats about $ 70 a dive. It is really your only option for boat diving, if you contact them they will be able to tell you what sites will fill your needs.
Flinders pier is the best place for weedy' it is very rare not to be able to find them.
There is no were to hire gear at flinders so I would suggest contact Acadmey of scuba in Rye. They also have a very active dive club that will allow you to jump on their guided dives for a small fee not sure what it is now but last year it was about $15 per dive extra.

You will need to have your own transport as it is not very easy to get around Mornington Peninsula without a car.

Need any more info let me know and I will do my best to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the pier diving in Melbourne is a not to be missed experience. Has the Tasseled Angler fish been sighted anywhere lately? We saw heaps of Weedies at Rye Pier, Star Gazer and velvetfish. Good memories of some lovely diving. Keep saying we gotta go back :)

Velvetfish - ScubaBoard Gallery

Don't remember seeing any Wobbies. I think Mornington pier is where we saw all the seahorses, nudis and pleurobrancus

Back
Top Bottom