Recommended Moorea hotels -- CBH vs. Pearl

Which hotel package do you recommend?

• Club Bali Hai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moorea Pearl Resort ($600 more per person + includes breakfast and dinner daily)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi. My husband and I are now debating 2 packages to Moorea for next month: One is at the Club Bali Hai (no meals included), and the second is at the Moorea Pearl Resort for about an extra $600 per person and includes breakfasts and dinner.

Since we don't have a good feel for how much eating out would cost or how much nicer the Pearl is, we were wondering which package folks who have been there would recommend?

Please let us know what your experiences were at each as well.

Thanks!

(We're also planning on diving, with TopDive if we stay at the Bali Hai or with Moorea Blue Diving if we stay at Pearl)

I hope this is not violating forum protocol, but try visiting "tahiti-explorer.com" they have an extensive forum that will answer almost any question you have about the FP islands (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Taha, Rangiroa, etc.). Great info on all the islands/hotels/activities with many many reviews. Very helpful for planning a trip.

Not sure what your budget is, but you may want to consider the Beachcomber Intercon or the Shearton Moorea Lagoon, these Moorea hotels are rated number 1 and 2 by almost every travel company.

Having been to FP and being a travel agent, I'll tell you that meals in FP are EXPENSIVE. If meals are included, I'd say you're getting a good deal. Also, are you booking an over-water bungalow?

Pearl Resorts is a very fine property in all the islands of French Polynesia.

Regarding Thomas' advice about Sheraton and InterContinental, these are very excellent properties, but I might say they're too "American". If you want the true island experience, stay with Pearl (or even Bali Hai).

BTW, breakfast will cost you close to $25/pp for breakfast, dinner will run nearly $60 per person. You should also know that you can't just walk down the road and get a burger. And the streets roll up once the sun goes down...

PugetPolly:
Hi. My husband and I are now debating 2 packages to Moorea for next month: One is at the Club Bali Hai (no meals included), and the second is at the Moorea Pearl Resort for about an extra $600 per person and includes breakfasts and dinner.

Where did you get the price for Pearl Resort w/ the food?
I've seen pictures of that resort and it looks beautiful, I have some interest in going there and just wondered if you found it on the Net or from a travel agent?

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom