Recommended PDC Dive Shops for 6 Days of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krukster86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So this thread is an offshoot from another thread about deciding whether to pick Cozumel or PDC as the destination for a large gaggle of mostly non-divers. I found some great dive shops in Cozumel, but now I am looking for some in PDC if I choose to go that route. I have seen recommendations for Tank Ha, Diversity Diving and Geofish. My requirements:

1. We are staying in Mexico for 9 days, so I am looking to 6 maybe 7 days of diving. We would like to find a shop that has a package deal for diving with them for an extended amount of time.
  2. Preferably a smaller boat, like around 8 people or so
  3. Trips to Cozumel in addition to PDC, just so that we can experience what we came for

Thanks in advance!

I use Abyss and have for 12 or 13 years. Small boats, reliable (very important as some shops will cancel on you if you are the only diver), and very thorough. You can find them on Facebook or on the web.

I use Abyss and have for 12 or 13 years. Small boats, reliable (very important as some shops will cancel on you if you are the only diver), and very thorough. You can find them on Facebook or on the web.

They look like a pretty awesome shop. I did not see any option for trips to Cozumel though.

I've had good experiences with Tank-Ha, and they run their own boat over to Cozumel, saving several hours on a day trip as opposed to taking the ferry over and back. Mama Nina is a deeper wreck off Playa with lots of larger critters and Jardine's Reef is shallow, with an amazing amount of smaller life. I'd plan at least one day in the cenotes too.

They look like a pretty awesome shop. I did not see any option for trips to Cozumel though.

I would also recommend Abyss, great shop, friendly, and very safety concious.

Some of the shops run boats to cozumel, but generally those are larger boats that can handle more divers. I don't think I would recommend doing the channel crossing in a panga (6 pack) boat that are common if you want a shop that has smaller groups (their's a thread on here about at least one failed crossing from coz to pdc on a small boat). Other shops will send a dm over to coz with you on the ferry. If you want to do coz as a day trip, I would recommend dealing with a cozumel shop. The downside is that means getting up early and taking the ferry. I believe Aldora will generally hold a boat so you don't need to be on the ferry stupidly early, if you organize it ahead of time with them.

Yep, I was looking at Aldora, Living Underwater and Blue XT on the Cozumel side.

If you haven't yet, really try to get a cenote dive in, after thousands of dives they are still my most memorable!

My preference is Reef Quest. I have dove with Steve for three years and will be back down in six days! :banana:When we were there in May it looked like Geofish had shut its doors. :confused:Reef Quest runs a 6 pack Panga. We usually book the boat so we get to go where we want and dive our own profiles. He is very safety conscious and demands the same of his folks. They do an all day cenote but I have never gotten that far......yet.

My preference is Reef Quest. I have dove with Steve for three years and will be back down in six days! :banana:When we were there in May it looked like Geofish had shut its doors. :confused:Reef Quest runs a 6 pack Panga. We usually book the boat so we get to go where we want and dive our own profiles. He is very safety conscious and demands the same of his folks. They do an all day cenote but I have never gotten that far......yet.

Cool, I sent them an email about the 4 tank Ocean, 2 tank Coz and 2 tank Cenotes. I also asked if there was any way we can extend this to 6 days and do an additional 2 tanks for both Ocean and Cozumel.

Geofish closed their doors? Sigh, I did like their website...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom