Recreational diving is the Best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This weekend it's a cold quarry that I've dived many times before, but it will be good!

Two weeks from Saturday I'm back in the water. Wonder how much warmer it will be from my dives two weeks ago at the same quarry :wink:

MikeFerrara:
but I have this sudden urge to defend caves. LOL

Only trolls (the fairy tale kind) and grumpy old bears like caves. And mines. :D

It's kinda weird. I go on these warm water vacations with clear water and lots of fishies and I have a great time and all... But when I get home and put all the coldwater gear back on and make a 5' vis dive in the cold dark water between cables and pilings and old sunken barges, and maybe see a couple of big 'ol mean bass... Man, I get all fired up! And a drive to Puget Sound, I get absolutely giddy.
I've seen people in my area get certified, make a dozen local dives, take their trip to Cozumel and then never dive locally again. Too cold and dark, they say, with nothing to see but old junk.
I don't know what's wrong with me, but I really like it.

As to diving down old mine shafts.... well, that's just stupid. :wink:

metaldector:
Whoooooeeee, Jamie, you need some more coffee!

I don't drink coffee!! I do, however, enjoy diving!

The great thing is that excitement is contagious. :wink:

May your bubbles always reach the surface before you!!

Jamie

Rick Inman:
It's kinda weird. I go on these warm water vacations with clear water and lots of fishies and I have a great time and all... But when I get home and put all the coldwater gear back on and make a 5' vis dive in the cold dark water between cables and pilings and old sunken barges, and maybe see a couple of big 'ol mean bass... Man, I get all fired up! And a drive to Puget Sound, I get absolutely giddy.
I've seen people in my area get certified, make a dozen local dives, take their trip to Cozumel and then never dive locally again. Too cold and dark, they say, with nothing to see but old junk.
I don't know what's wrong with me, but I really like it.

As to diving down old mine shafts.... well, that's just stupid. :wink:

LOL me too. Ocean fish don't even look like fish do they? A bass now there's a fish!

I like diving in the spring when the bluegills are trying to eat the bass fry and the catfish are trying to sneak up into the bluegil nests. The bas are chasing the bluegils and the bluegils are chasing the catfish.

In Roubidoux cave in Missouri we've had smallmouth bass and trout follow us over 1000 ft in and 150 ft down...just following our light beam. I think they're after the creyfish. There's both regular and cave creyfish back there.

Mike,

What's the difference between the two crayfish?

Divesherpa:
Yes I am!
Not anywhere near as much testosterone on a dive boat as in a Ginnie parking lot!

LOL! Oh man. Is that what I've got to deal with if I take a Cavern course down there?

On another note I just got my new drysuit so I'm ready to go local. Lakes, quarries, RI and MA here I come!

evad:
Get off the E.

He's high on the dive life, leave him alone. There are alot worse things to be hooked on.

Back
Top Bottom