Recsea Nauticam or ACQUAPAZZA for RX-100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nauticam and aquapazza have an m67 thread
Recsea needs an adapter
All those housing have a bush plug for the strobe optical cord

My preference is with nauticam

Thanks.

I have aquapazza, mainly because better price and red color :)
You have notice that this housing has port which can be changed for M67 or another thread .... I think this is mistake, because You can unscrew this port when You want change lens underwater, and the You can flood Your camera.
I am looking how to fix it on my housing.

Could anyone share the advantage and weakness of Acquapazza & Nauticam?
Not sure why lots of people prefer to Nauticam, as both Acquapazza and Nauticam makes housing with Aluminum....

I am going to buy one metal housing for my RX-100 II also.
Based on the appearance and price, I prefer to Acquapazza. But, if Nauticam were really much better than that, I may change my mind.

There is another housing for the Rx100 from Patima.
Here QUICK REVIEW: PATIMA RX100 VS NAUTICAM NA-RX100 HOUSING | Deepshots you can see a comparison between Nauticam and Patima housing...
It is in aluminium too and it is cheaper than Recsea and Nauticam...
All these housings are good, but Nauticam beats all for the ergonomy of the leverages and buttons....
Scipionems

Scipione is correct Nauticam ergonomics and feel at touch is best

The acquapazza seems a good housing but I don't like the idea of the changing ports screwing onto the housing. That should have really been done with hex bolts and o'ring behind as the nauticam or with a latch release system

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions above.
Though I have not decided which one I am going to get, I have some valuable info. from you already.

With acquapazza it is much better to mount lens before diving, (off course with adding some water between). Then until moment when I want to change between WAL and Macro I fell much more safe. Because I do mostly WAL then it means there is no risk to flooding housing.

I agree with Interceptor121 that Nauticam works better, but there is also difference in price.

I have aquapazza, mainly because better price and red color :)
You have notice that this housing has port which can be changed for M67 or another thread .... I think this is mistake, because You can unscrew this port when You want change lens underwater, and the You can flood Your camera.

Is that a big risk when using bayonette-mounted lenses?

---------- Post added January 8th, 2014 at 08:20 PM ----------

How valuable is the electric bulkhead on the Nauticam?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom