Recsea or Fix for S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triggerman365

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to decide between the Recsea and Fix housing for my S95. Does either one have an advantage over the other? Thanks

I use Patima, but haven't tried it yet underwater as I bought it right in the end of my last holidays, but will do it on my next in february in Indonesia.
I do think that they are all good, it's just a question of taste.

I am trying to decide between the Recsea and Fix housing for my S95. Does either one have an advantage over the other? Thanks

Long ago(lol -- about 10 to 11 months ago) when people used to use this board, someone asked almost the exact same question.....I found it on page 2 & have linked it below......Might save you some time if you read it---assuming only 1 or 2 per day will post back to yours------------enjoy, & good luck.....BYW,in January I bought the FIX with a WA (UWL 04) & macro lens(UCL 165)....

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/359501-recsea-s95-fix-s95.html

Ugh, sorry and thanks. I decided to go with the Recsea and ordered it yesterday from Bluewater.

Ugh, sorry and thanks. I decided to go with the Recsea and ordered it yesterday from Bluewater.

You didn't mention anything about a strobe but I'd be sure & order one with it.......again, good luck with your purchase, let us know how your system works out.....

I didn't get it yet because I need budget committee approval (aka my lovely wife). I will probably get a YS-02, but I will be doing research and try to get the best priced/value option.

S&S YS-02 is a great economical choice for this camera. Same specs as YS-01 minus TTL. You can't use TTL in manual mode with the Canons anyway, so unless you are hooked on Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority, buy the YS-02, shoot on manual everything, and spend the leftover money on a focus light or macro lens (quietly).

Great advise, thank you. Just need to save up for it now that my Recsea is on its way!

Great advise, thank you. Just need to save up for it now that my Recsea is on its way!

Don't discount TTL though---You only live once, & btw who wears the pants anyway???..........lol...:)

Don't discount TTL though---You only live once, & btw who wears the pants anyway???..........lol...:)

Well, I ordered a S&S YS-01 and a ULCS tray and arm system. Can't wait to use it.

Back
Top Bottom