RecSea S95 housing with Dyron adaptor and UFL-165AD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogdrjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quick post to confirm that the combination of Canon S95 camera and RecSea S95 housing with the Dyron 67mm adaptor, a 10bar 67mm to AD adaptor, and an INON UFL-165AD lens works VERY well. The threads on the two adaptors are tight enough that once the lens is set to top dead center it should stay there during a dive and there is virtually NO space between the lens and port. I tried a couple of test shots (out of water) with the camera zoomed to 35mm in RAW, and looking at the pictures on the computer can just barely detect a very small amount of vignetting in the upper and lower right corners. I believe underwater tends to narrow the field of view so this may well disappear completely when diving. If the lens is removed from the bayonet mount during a dive, then replaced, a slight adjustment may need to be made assure TDC mounting, but this is easily accomplished by backing the zoom off to 28mm and then adjusting the until the hood petals are square aligned in the viewfinder, and then again I think it will hold that position. I had to pay about $75US to buy the adaptor and have it shipped to me from France, but that is still more than $100US less than the FIX 67mm adaptor and I believe it will work just as well.

I think that you will find that the tendency to vignette will be slightly further reduced once the lens is wetted out. I also suggest that when there is sufficient light to use a f stop in the range of f5.6 or higher.

N

I had to pay about $75US to buy the adaptor and have it shipped to me from France, but that is still more than $100US less than the FIX 67mm adaptor and I believe it will work just as well.

Thanks for the info! I am still trying to decide between the Recsea S95 and the FIX S95, but leaning more and more towards the Recsea S95 to take advantage of all the connectology available.

How did you order from Dyron? I went to their website and found the S90/S95-to-67mm adaptor, but there was no price listed, nor was there any link to place an order. (The "PDF manual" was a placeholder.)

:confused:

Try this
Home | DyronStore | Underwater accessories

That is how I ordered mine, arrived in about three days.
$75 seems like a lot for a piece of plastic, but what matters is that it seems to work very well. I also had another home made 67mm to AD adaptor that would screw down into the Dyron adaptor farther (the AD mount part was narrower than 67mm while the 10bar unit is a little wider, but found that the lens was hitting the port if installed ANY closer than the 10bar did, so np need to modify the 10bar unit as Nemrod recommended for use with the FIX 67mm adaptor.

We are carrying all of the Dyron & Recsea products, including that adapter, the products will be going up on our online store soon. In the meanwhile, please feel free to email us regarding price and/or availability - Scott

I'm looking at purchasing the Canon s95 with a housing. I previsouly had the Ixus 870is and my canon housing played up - buttons not functioning and the camera going into date mode and then eventually it leaked - stuffing the camera. So now I'm up for a new set up. I am reluctant to get another canon housing due to this but camera providers here assure me that I must have just ahd bad luck. I already have the Inon strobe d2000 with optic fibre cable DC26 and wide angle lense with a 28AD bayonet mount.

Do you thik the price of the Recsea is worth it over the canon housing and does anyone know if I the mounts for my strobe and lense will fit or can I get other ones.

Thanks for any advice and help

Do you thik the price of the Recsea is worth it over the canon housing and does anyone know if I the mounts for my strobe and lense will fit or can I get other ones.

Thanks for any advice and help

Yes.

N

We are carrying all of the Dyron & Recsea products, including that adapter, the products will be going up on our online store soon. In the meanwhile, please feel free to email us regarding price and/or availability - Scott

Sweet! Save me the trouble of importing it from France.

(Although importing from the US is still importing....)

:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom