Red sea in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spike0407

Registered
Reaction score
Hya all , just a quick questionon the water temp in red sea middle of May, i off to sharm and was hoping to get away with a 5mm shorty? Thanks Spike0407

Hi there, Red sea water temp in mid May in the area around Sharm El Sheikh will be around between 20c and 25c. I think that 5mm will be ok. But my personal opinion, i recommend if you use a full suit and not shorty. For protection from fan corals and stuff like that. I hope you will have a nice staying

Hi,

I was diving Sharm last year 10 May - 14 May sea temp. were around 25°C, air temp about 33°C and using a 5mm semi-dry.
My 4mm shorty comes out only in July, Aug, Sept, however thinking of getting a 3mm long suit for better protection especially knees.

I'm there now, diving a 5mm shorty, and I'm plenty warm! I do seem to be in the minority though.

Wish you nice time. hope you enjoy you time and dive safe :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom