Red Sea Liveaboard Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am heading to the red sea for a week of diving. Unfortunately, my window of availability is small and so I am looking at Aug 9/Aug 10 - Aug 16/Aug 17. To make things more complicated, I really want to try the southern itineraries (really into pelagics).

Empress has a boat, but doing wrecks and reefs itinerary during the dates I will be there. Blue O2 has the right dates and itinerary, but price is $1,700! Not sure why they are so much more expensive than other liveaboards (which generally seem to be in the $1,000 range).

Any advice? Other liveaboards that you guys have had good experience with? Thanks so much!

Hi there

US$1,700 including flights ( about £1,100) seems to be about what most trips cost. I have never seen a trip for as low a price as $1,000. We are booked on blue o 2 , but have in the past travelled with Scuba Travel. The boat we were booked was not available for some reason , so we were put on a charter . The boat , the diving , the food and the fellow passengers were all wonderful ,but the guides were terrible and many very experienced divers only did about 12 dives all week. I think we were unlucky as many other boats passengers were delighted with their trips overall. August is very high season in Europe so you amy need to decide soon.

Best fishes !

We booked Blue O2 for the $1445 range and are thrilled with that price.

august is kids holidays.

in feb a week with flights from the uk,all food and diving is about £600.

From Hungary it seems the August is not the most expensive season because it's really hot in Egypt. By the way 1,000 USD is quite cheap price in my opinion, for us 1,200-1,300 seems the typical price- certainly the main difference is the airfare.
I saw somebody mentioned good dive guides. It's true! We use to choose a boat where one of the best Egyptian guides work and he can make more for a good trip than all the crew and the boat together.

Try to check with Deco Divers Home , https://www.facebook.com/deco.divers I tried them myself several times , they have 2 nice boats, one covering the Hurghada, North Hurghada region , the other goes to Brothers Islands and deep south . The boats are nice, the crew is really good. You can mention my name to them ,

Also check https://www.facebook.com/DiveEgypt they can help you out if you send them a message .

Mohamed El Nomrossy

Blueotwo has the best liveaboards I've done in the Red Sea. I've gotten last minute discounts before at below the price you mention, but even at $1700 you will be getting a great boat, food, dive crew, etc. and will thoroughly enjoy your trip. An added benefit compared to some liveaboard companies that cater to specific markets is that you will get a boat that will be conducted in English with that being the primary language spoken onboard

Thanks for all the replies. I am booked on Blueotwo in August. Can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom