Red Sea Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey, all!

Here's a link to some u/w photos we took on our recent Red Sea Trip.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/pgdaley2001

The photos are nice, but unfortunately they were scanned at low resolution, which do no justice to the originals.

For those who are really into details, the pictures were taken with a Motormarine II camera with dual strobes (YS300 & YS50) and multiple lenses/exposures. Film was Kodak Elite Chrome "Extra Colour" ISO 100 35mm slide film.

Enjoy! :)

~SubMariner~

Nice Photos. If you process them with Adobe Photoshop, even an LE or Business version, you can easily sharpen, add contrast and increase the color definition of any scan. This should bring the scans back to near slide quality while maintianing the digital format. You can also clean up and remove some the particles and backscatter, with Adobe's "repair" functions. It's a realy user friendly program.

Give it a try.

JeffW

Nice photos--really liked the "Anenome Fish"! Was that taken on a wreck? What was the anenome on? Looks like you were in a dry suit...what was the water temp?

Joewr

Jeff: even Photoshop (et al) cannot sharpen low res scans to the point where they are no longer low res. That being said, you CAN make definite improvements, which is what we did.

Joewr: "Anenome Fish" is a close up snapped during the same series of photos as "Slug and Three Fish". These were taken on the wreck of the Thistlegorm at about 70'. And yes, we were both in drysuits because water temps were only around 68-70F (colder at depth). The other divers on board were all wear at least 7mm with hoods.

~SubMariner~

I have all my underwater pictures put onto CD when I get them developed. Then I save the time of scanning them all and the quality is better.

Mark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom