Red Sea Walk-on-boards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal82:
So I guess i would tell my friend that 200 euro for 5~6 days diving, 2 each and includes the Thistlegorm.
That would be probably the reasonable price. But remember - for Thistlegorm there must be a certain number of people willing to go.

scubagal82:
is the dive shore dive or boat dive??
In sharm almost all dives are boat dives. In hurghada - some are shore ones but the best are boat ones.

scubagal82:
Any good dive sites you recomment? I prefer big fishes and big sea fans, i kinda get bored of nudi branches.
Depends where - Hurghada or Sharm?
Hurghada - the best sites are Little and big Giftun and in Safaga (also a rather long way from Hurghada but worth it) - all the wrecks - Salem Express, Giannis etc...
Sharm - Tiran and Ras Mohammed Park.
As the big animals - it simply depends on the time of year - now it'sa bit too cold for many of them so they moved south. Be back in April/May.

scubagal82:
Are you staying in Egypt right now?
Wish I would.... Unfortunately no. But I know a little bit about this country.
Mania

mania:
300US$ just for diving???? That's a lot!!! 5 day package (2 dives per day) costs more or less 120 Euro in Hurghada and 150 Euro in Sharm.

Sorry, Dr. Bill, for digressing further...

But Mania, 120 Euro for a 5-day, 10-dive package? Is that low-end, or an average?

I'm asking because the place we dived last year -- and are thinking about returning to this summer -- is significantly more-expensive. It's Extra Divers in Makadi Bay; their published price (http://www.extra-divers.de/index_1024.html) is E 220 for 5 days and 10 dives. That's boat dives, including air and weights.

I was under the impression, competition being the way it is, that prices between dive operations would be rather comparable in the area.

Or is Makadi considered different -- more expensive -- than Hurghada?

Or do you just get what you pay for? We were happy with these guys...

--Marek

No problem on the digressions... the posts are useful to me so I'm happy to see them in this thread. Besides, there is an old SB adage that states "he who steals another's thread cannot complain when another steals his."

Dr. Bill

Marek - 120 Euro is the low end of acceptable quality of service. In fact it may be generally more - I forgot that I'm paying a bit different prices than normal tourists.
Mania
Makadi can be more expensive than Hurghada as it has less competition....

Sorry dr bill for the digressions.

Thanks mania. I will go in late april or early may. Hope the water will be a bit warmer.

When i arrive sharm or hurghada, how can i find out who's going to the Thistlegorm? can you recomment some dive shops if you know any, can you PM me and let me know? Thanks a lot

Scubagal82, if you ever hear of good trips being run in China and open to non-Chinese divers, I hope you will post them here on ScubaBoard. I'm sure there are at least a few members who would be interested in knowing about them (like me!).

Dr. Bill

Sure, will do.
i know hongkong has some regular trips to dongsha islands but i dunno which dive shop has the contacts, i will try finding some photos of the divings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom