Red Sea November 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My partner and I decided to proceed with our plans to visit Dahab and Marsa Alam despite the conflicts in Gaza. We felt 100% safe. Even went further inland to see the Colored Canyon despite US embassy travel warnings about the Sinai.

Back in January I decided to book a trip to the Red Sea to spend a week on a liveaboard and enjoy some great diving.

As you can all imagine based on what is going on over there at the time, I am a little hesitant to actually make the trip. I am no scaredy cat and I do enjoy a good risk or two, but with all that is happening, this trip seems like more risk that I am willing to tolerate. I am flying into Hurghada on 11/1/23 and we spend the day there then onto the boat.

Is anyone else in the same situation? Curious to hear others thoughts on this and what you all would do. I have two teenage daughters and I can't help but think of the "what if's".

If you have any constructive thoughts or if you are there currently let me know what you area thinking. Just seems to me that even though this may be a thoroughly amazing adventure, it's also rather close to the fire...
Actually will be traveling there about a month before you. After some thought, I came to the same conclusion that several others in this thread have come to. Tourism is very important in many areas and can outweigh or deter many groups from affecting tourist areas since it does work in their own financial interest. I have personally seen this in other countries where the government and anti-government forces have negotiated agreements that kept their disagreements outside of tourist areas in the interest of Eco-tourism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom