Reef Adventures Dive Op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lottifish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone dove with Cap'n Ron and the Reef Adventures Dive shop before? I'm currently trying to decide between them and Chuck and Robbie's.

I'll be staying the Phoenix Resort in mid-September and Chuck and Robbie's aren't sure they're going to be open then. Reef Adventures seems to have good reviews (although not as many as Chuck and Robbie's) on tripadvisor.com and they're very responsive by email but I was hoping someone had some personal experiences they could share.

Thanks!

Ched who does the diving for Reef Adventures is a great guy and they run a small dive op and you will be very happy with them both Reef Adventures and Chick and Robbies are good choices

Dive Safe

Gaz Cooper

Never dove with Capn Ron's but my wife and I will be on June 14. Like you, I did my research of all the Ops and it came down to Capn Ron and Chuck and Robbies. It really came down to logistics, we are staying at the Tradewinds and Capn Ron is right out front. Of course, if I'm not mistaken, Phoenix is right next door to Tradewinds. Here's what I do know about Capn' Ron's, you will need to send them a deposit for one-half of the dives you plan to do. They have only one small boat so you'll need to reserve space. It also looks like Capn' Rons is actually owned by a Portland, Oregon company called Sharp Enterprises (that's where you send your deposit), so unlike privately-owned Dive Ops in this terrible economy who might be facing a shutdown at any time, Ron's evidently got some corporate backing and probably won't be closing down anytime soon. I really feel for the little private dive operations...I try to support them, they are really getting hammered in this world economy.

Back
Top Bottom