Reef Club Review-The straight scoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
Just got back from Coz and Reef Club. Forget those old reviews. The place is big, new, clean and completely rebuilt since the hurricane.

Food. A- Clean, varied, lots of it. Nobody got sick during last week that I know of. It was a nice suprise after the earlier reviews. New managment made a difference.
Water- they caution you about drinking tap water. It didn't bother me but in Mexico it's best to be cautious. Everythings bottled water anyway.
Bar and Snack Bar-A+ It's an AI and you can have as much as you want. No loud or bad behaving drunks that I saw. Snack bar has pizza, ribs chicken, burgers, fresh french fries and a seperate deluxe nacho bar. It was a popular place.
Bugs-A- not very many. A few sand fleas on the beach, small non-biting gnats, what you'd expect on a beach.Might be different at a different time of year. I don't know.
Rooms- A-completely redone since the storm. They have a video of men shoveling sand out of the old rooms. Everything is new and some is still under construction.

Showers, etc.- B+ Water hot but erratic. I think they're working on the system and shut it off during the day when they're working.90% of time it works fine.
Time share pitch. B- They sell you hard. It isn't a time share but a point system that amounts to the same thing. You can get discounts ($35 for a jeep for 24 hrs) if you listen to the sales pitch, but they keep after you. If you arn't interested be firm.
Service, front desk- A+ I had nothing but good experiences. Short wait to check in, great service in restaurants, really nice and helpful people.
Diving- They push their house operation Dive With Martin. If you want to dive with Sand Dollar they're next door and they will help you with them. You don't get much help if you want anyone except DWM or Sand Dollar. SAnd Dollar is a bunch of cattle boats. Dive With Martin is a first class, small boat operation. I loved them and will use them again. Four days of 2 tank dives and you get a free nite dive and a DVD of your last afternoon dive. Good deal. No more than 7 divers to a boat and you're at the reef in a few minutes. You may have to wade out from the Reef Club beach to get on. If you don't theres a $2.00 fee from Sand Dollar to use their pier. Big deal either way.

I had a great time and am going back inMarch. A good family place with good food, facilities and the price is right.

I learned something new in your post about Reef Club that has changed. Didn't know DWM is now the house dive operator. I thought it used to be Sand Dollar. All things change huh???.....Thanks for the info.

Cozdreamer:
I learned something new in your post about Reef Club that has changed. Didn't know DWM is now the house dive operator. I thought it used to be Sand Dollar. All things change huh???.....Thanks for the info.

Just re read that. When did this happen? I didn't even know DWM was in house!

DWM not really in house. There are a few employees that steer you to DWM if you do not dive Sand Dollar and ask for other recommendations.

Ditto Lawman's report!!! I met him and his wife while I was there. Very nice couple.

Be back Feb. 11-18

Lou

Lou's right...Pepe' from Funjet signed me up. He implied that DWM is the favored operation but I can't say Reef Club has DWM as their op. You just don't get much encouragment for anything except DWM or Sand Dollar. There seems to be a little hard feelings between Reef and Sand Dollar reguarding the pier and the $2.00 fee. Anyway that's how I wound up with DWM. Maybe at another desk they would have had a different pitch.

Back
Top Bottom