ReefMaster or DC800?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ReefMaster is only rated to 130'

The DC800 is rated to 200'

There are many more accessories for the DC800 so you can expand your system and your capabilities in the future.

Also, I remember the DC800 is a digital camera in a housing that you can take out and use top side. Where the ReefMaster is built into the housing and it is the size that it is. Not exactly pocket size.

I purchased a DC800 and even before I got my strobe the ability to wite ballance and the "sea" mode really make a difference.

For pics taken in deeper water with less vis and little ambient light at a distance of more than 2 ft, not so much.

Examples:

Have you tried using Photoshop to do a simple color correction on the deeper photos? I just returned from Bonaire and found all my photos taken with the Intova I600 were green and flat.

I rinsed them through the Photoshop Elements 7.0 auto color correction - and wow! the colors bounced, the depth of texture returned... fab photos.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

SeaLife Joe,

Camera set to SEA mode. Pics taken below 40' and further than 2' away. I am debating between getting the external flash and upgrading to the DC800. I don't wish to hijack Micahking's thread, so you can PM me with your thoughts.

Keith

Have you tried using Photoshop to do a simple color correction on the deeper photos? I just returned from Bonaire and found all my photos taken with the Intova I600 were green and flat.

I rinsed them through the Photoshop Elements 7.0 auto color correction - and wow! the colors bounced, the depth of texture returned... fab photos.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

gNats,

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom