ReefMaster or DC800?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The decision is easily made by deciding what types of pictures you fancy. If all you are looking to do is more in the snapshot vein, then the Mini is a great choice but if you want to get down to the macro world, then the DC800 is definetly the way to go.

Joe

I'm very pleased with my reefmaster. I got some great pictures while I was down in the keys...Ill dig up the link to the thread where I posted some for you.

I dove with a guy taking photo's with his reefmaster and they were great for documenting what we did.

I got a ReefMaster mini as my first camera. Great for shallow water, lots of ambient light, fairly close shots.

Examples:

Attachments

• PICT0021.jpg
    PICT0021.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0041.jpg
    PICT0041.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0024.jpg
    PICT0024.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 50
  • PICT0054.jpg
    PICT0054.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 54
For pics taken in deeper water with less vis and little ambient light at a distance of more than 2 ft, not so much.

Examples:

Attachments

• PICT0049.jpg
    PICT0049.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0070.jpg
    PICT0070.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 60
On the last series of photos is it possible that you wee no longer in the Sea Mode? I tried to check the Exif data but if a picture is chanegd in any way, including renaming, I cannot see.

It could be one of two things on thee shots; not in sea mode and if so too far from subject. These little flashes don't have a lot of power in them to cut through the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom