Reg Mouthpieces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aegir

Reaction score
Hi

Just lately i have been getting heqadaches after resurfacing from a dive. i have been checked out by the Doc's and nothing was found. It was discovered that it was probably my mouthpiece causing my headaches. Xrays showed that my jaw was slightly inflamed as a result of biting down on my mouthpiece. Now dont get me wrong here i cant even remember biting down v hard at all so it wasnt apparent to me that it was even an issue.

So now i need to start looking at new mouthpices to try. The one i was using which caused the problem was the comfo-bite mouthpiece which comes on the TX100 as standard.

Has anyone tried custom mouthpieces like the seacure mouthpiece? All opinions are welcome and greatly appreciated as always :)

Aegir,.........some folks love thier sea-cures some don't be advised theydo stich into your mouth pretty far and that seems to be what turns people off.another solution may be to try the mouth pieces from some snorkels til you find one you like.I have friend who swears by them. I personally get similar problems in cold or stressful diving til I remember to "lighten up Francis" good luck

Aegir,

I just got a Sea-Cure mouthpiece, and I really like it.
If it fits to far into your mouth it can be trimed. They recomend trimming only an 1/8 inch at a time until it feels comfortable. Then heating it and forming it to your bite. I had to trim mine a little more after forming it. It can be re-formed too. When your done it's a perfect fit.

Tavi

I love the silicone mouthpieces. Oceanic makes a great one. Trident sells a nice one as well.

Eric

The secure mouth piece is great. Heat it form it and trim it to your desired fit.....but be careful not to trim too much off at a time. I would trim it 1/16 to 1/8th of an inch at a time. Good Luck !

Dive Safe.....

Aardal

:peace:

I've used a Rite Bite mouthpiece for years. It's made by a Dentist and has a natural overbite molded right in. It also has thick bite wings so it resists being bitten through.

Ken

Check out the new Scubapro mouthpieces.. I have one on all my regs, air2 and snorkle..

I use the Comfo-Bite mouthpiece from Aqualung. It is designed to "float" in your mouth without biting down. My bride, both daughters and I like it.
Quite a few of my diving acquaintances use the Seacure and swear by it.
Rick

I would like to get a new mouthpiece for my Poseidon. I have a Sea Cure on it right now, which was a HUGE task to get to fit without it leaking. I really don't want to go through that again.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Back
Top Bottom