Reg service class at Beneath the Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver-Drex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i wanted to see if there is interest interest in a reg service class at the Beaneath the Sea in New Jersey on March 24-26? If there is enough interest maybe it would be worth the trip out for an instructor? Possibly Jim Lapenta?

Chris

I am going to be at Beneath the Sea. Usually, DRIS offers the class there but I just got off the phone with Jack at HOG/Edge and I understand that their instructor has other commitments that weekend.

As a result, IF there is enough interest either Jack or I will put the class on. The catch is due to the expected cost (based on last year) of a suitable facility we would need a minimum of 6 students to do this.

Unless one of the students has a suitable location near the show they could make available. Then it might be possible to do it for fewer people but we would need that information as soon as possible.

We would need a facility that would be accessible from roughly 9 AM to 5 PM with clean running water and restroom facilities. Jack is checking on those now. Stay tuned as we get more information.

Just booked a room for the HOG regulator class to be held during the Beneath the Sea show on Saturday, March 25th, 2017.
The class will be from 9 am - 5 pm at the
COMFORT SUITES
1200 Tonnelle Ave
North Bergen, NJ, 07047
Message, email, or call me for details and to arrange getting the paperwork for it to you. The cost is 275.00 per person and includes a printed manual with laminated schematics and the processing fee for the TDI certification. I will be teaching the class myself and look forward to seeing you there!

Update on class. I managed to get a better rate than expected for the room. As a result, I only need 3 people to make this go. I am also extending the date to get your $100.00 deposit to me until March 15th to reserve your spot. This is to allow time to get manuals printed and any needed service kits in. Please contact me ahead of this date to get your class outline and tool list, knowledge review questions, and service class letter of understanding sent to you. You must bring these forms to class with the knowledge review completed.

Hi Jim!
My name is Perry Balog I am interested in the Hog reg class!!!!!
I can be reached at h2owzard@optonline.net or 732 939 8058
I will be teaching class all day tomorrow and will not be able to respond until Sat.
Thank You! Count me in!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom