Regular GUE courses in the Florida Keys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris, is GUE Fundamentals a prerequisite for the Recreatioal Triox class or is equivalent training/experience from other agencies allowed instead. Let me know please. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, you need DIR Fundamentals as a prerequisite of the TriOx class. This is because the themes from DIRF are continued in the TriOx class, and you need to have the stable platform, fin kicks, plus the GUE buddy awareness and team diving approach tuned in in order to fully benefit from the course content. For example, I am a PADI instructor and still needed to go through DIRF in order to fully appreciate the GUE approach to diving. Im glad I did though, as it improved my diving tenfold.:rofl3:

Even if you have TriMix certs from other agencies, I would still recommend DIRF then TriOx as there are plentyof discussions and approaches in both courses that will change the way you think and dive.

Some more prerequisites:

Prerequisites

Must meet GUE General Course Prerequisites as outlined in Section 1.6
Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
Must be a certified open water diver from a recognized training agency
Must be able to swim a distance of at least 50 feet/15 meters on a breath hold
Must be able to swim at least 300 yards/275 meters in less than 14 minutes without stopping. This test should be conducted in a swimsuit and, where necessary, appropriate thermal protection

abskw:
Silent World and Mark Messersmith are a great combination. I took DIR-F and TriOx with MM at Silent World and HIGHLY recommend both. Chris and Alison run a great GUE/DIR friendly shop and Mark is one of the most professional and thorough instructors I have come across.

If you are looking for GUE classes or just a great dive operator, try Silent World. They run a great operation.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, glad you enjoyed it. Will we be seeing you on Tech1?

You forgot that you cannot be a smoker either. :( Unless that is section 1.6

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom