Regulator rebuild tools: Oceanic specific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

corruptor

New
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've got several DX4s and Delta3s that are about ready for service, and I'd like some input on the tools that I need / should by vs. the tools that I can do without. I've done the DX4s without the specialty tools, but it was a bit of a PITA. This will be my first experience with the Delta3.
(Parts are not a problem, and I should be able to order the specialty tools through the same source. Also, I know there are some additional tools and gauges for tuning and setup; I'm focusing on the nuts-and-bolts rebuild for now.)

DX4:
Socket Drive DX Spanner. The Oceanic manual calls for an adjustable pin spanner that fits on a torque wrench. This seems to be an Oceanic specific tool. Last time I used a cheap stamped spanner wrench to tighten the end cap to snug plus, and that seemed to work fine. I'm planning on upgrading my wrench and need to decide between a better fixed spanner (non-torque wrench) and the Oceanic tool. Any opinions? FWIW, the same wrench will fit my APEKS regs, and no torque value is given...

HP Cone tool for removal of the HP seat. I pulled and installed it with no problems using a DIY tool, but would buy one if there is a compelling reason.

Delta3
Poppet Installation tool. This one looks like a good idea. Necessary? I don't really know... Anyone?

In line adjustment tool. Not mandatory, just a time saver. I believe I removed the swivel from one of the Delta3s, but I can't remember for sure. (I need to dig that one out of the bottom of the closet.) Anyhow, there are two options from Scubatools; one that's Oceanic-swivel specific, and one generic version. I need to do some more research before making a purchase. Either way, should this be a first round buy or should I live without it for a while?

Thank you,
Jay M

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow and see what they've got to say.

Back
Top Bottom