Regulator sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1010

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Unfortunately the dive shop I'm doing my professional training with is not affiliated with scubapro, so i can't be seen using any of my scubapro regs in front customers. my loss is your gain these are great preforming regs, and have preformed wonderfully for me. I also have an atomic B1 I've had siting around as a spare/ boat reg, but don't really need it.
whats available:
1. Scubapro mk20 (DIN), g200b $165
2. Scubapro mk25 (yoke), s600 $350
3. Scubapro r295 octo +$55 to either set
4. Atomic aquatics B1 1st stage $175
edit: PM me for posts, upload isn't working for some reason, but i can email photos or send you a link to picasa album.

So if you are still a DMC they are going to provide you with new regs until you sell yours correct? And once you begin working with them you'll get all your gear at keyman or cost plus shipping?

I probably guess which dive shop that is. I was there a while ago asking about their DM program. One of the requirment was to use gears they sell. And specifically, they mentioned Scubapro is a no go because 1)they don't sell them, 2)their competitor nearby does. And no, they won't provide gear to their DMC, they suggusted me to rent until I can afford to buy. And I just politely said "thank you for the info" and walked out of there.

It is kind of sad. I did my OW there. I like their instructors and DMs a lot. Their employee altitude and business pratice is driving me further and further. BTW, I think they sell Atomic, so I think your B1 should be OK with them.

Its kind of a pain but I like the shop and I understand the reasoning. Thats why instructors get keyman etc...

dumb question, what is keymen?
Its a discount you get to put the equipment on your employees to drive sales, for example I know you can get atomic masks at keyman pricing, which is lower than cost, but benefits atomic because its free advertising by shop employees.

So if you are still a DMC they are going to provide you with new regs until you sell yours correct? And once you begin working with them you'll get all your gear at keyman or cost plus shipping?
well almost, i can rent regs at 50% discount, and once I'm a Divemaster i can get a discount, but not cost or keyman that's for instructors and shop employees, the shop has way too many divemasters for discounts like that.

I do not understand why as a DMC you cannot use your gear. As a DM yes. But you are presumably paying them for the course. I can even understand them requiring you to rent tanks. But to make you sell your regs and rent ones is bull crap of the highest order! No diver that owns their own gear should have to rent gear to take a class unless that gear is unsafe or not appropriate. Ie I can see them not allowing you to use a rebreather or friggin mini submarine. But a reg is reg. As is a BC even if it's a BPW. Just how much are you paying them to take advantage of you?

And a good shop would absorb the loss of profit to at least sell their DM's gear at cost since they are using them as billboards.

the way I chose to do the divemaster course was by working with the instructors as they teach classes, fitting in my personal requirements time permitting, and work off the price of the course in the form of showing up in the capacity to help once I have the DM cert.The shop does have something like 400 divemasters registered, or something crazy like that. but i would have preferred to just use what i have, as far as I'm concerned for the shallow short dives i do helping classes any working/serviced reg would be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom