Regulators & Location of manufacturing....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I am aware that this thread is old, which means that most likely the info is outdated now.

It would be really interesting to see how many manufactures are now producing in China, and how many are still in Europe and USA.

Do you mind updating this list.

Cheers

Hello,

I am aware that this thread is old, which means that most likely the info is outdated now.

It would be really interesting to see how many manufactures are now producing in China, and how many are still in Europe and USA.

Do you mind updating this list.

Cheers

I think there were a few newer threads covering this. That said, I don't know of any changes to that list. Any 'new" brands are likely made in Taiwan with the exception of the Argonaut Kraken

Some of the Genesis second stages look like they are from China, they look very close to some of the XS scuba stuff.

www.wmd.com.tw - Well Marine Diver - major OEM manufacturer for most Taiwan trademarks, like IST, Problue, Aropec, and possible Diverite.
One bad thing - they works only with companies, not with customers.

I know that piston regulators were out long before Sherwood began selling dive gear.

Sherwood was the manufacturer for most SCUBA brands in the US, making parts and/or entire regulators from '50's to the '70's, and probably started their own line as other manufacturing choices became available. The reason for this was that Sherwood was the a premiere manufacturer of high pressure gas components, valves, and regulators in the US since 1939, and could produce the quality components needed for SCUBA.

In 1958 one of their engineers modified the design of a high pressure piston regulator so that it could operate underwater. This was well before they decided to market their own regs.

I believe their 4000 was the first scuba reg made for 4000# service pressure. They were one of the first to go to plastic seconds, I'm not fond of plastic, but theirs seem to hold up well in the days of steel seconds. The dry bleed system, or whatever it is called now, is the only environmentaly sealed reg that doesn't have to be filled with grease.

Bob

ODS in Taiwan makes Hog/Edge and Deep6 models. Some of the DiveRite's look real similar also.
ODS
Ocean Divers Supply is an Original
Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
specializing in SCUBA((diving))equipment

ODS also sell WMD models :)

But I`v compare Diverite and some (simillar looks) WMD 2nd stages - it is really different. WMD have not (or have exclusive model) such construction as Diverite.
1st stage is very similar, but I did not disassembled both of them, as 2nd.

ODS also sell WMD models :)

But I`v compare Diverite and some (simillar looks) WMD 2nd stages - it is really different. WMD have not (or have exclusive model) such construction as Diverite.
1st stage is very similar, but I did not disassembled both of them, as 2nd.

that's because Dive Rite's regs are not sourced only from WMD, there are parts from other manufacturers... It's a real weird situation

What models from WMD does ODS sell? That surprises me...

Back
Top Bottom