Reigning most popular BCD line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it IS a very broad question and divers' reasons for preferring a certain BC or BP/W are highly subjective. However ...

I would say the "most popular" BCD lines on Grand Cayman are SeaQuest and ScubaPro, in the stab jacket style.

Personally, I prefer a BP/W setup and use DiveRite stuff.

I have a Zeagle ranger and I LOVE it. The only problem is that after 2 years and 100 dives, it just fell apart! All the stitching started to fail and because of the stitch style they use, the minute you have a thread that breaks, it starts to "run" and unravel. I tried to slow down the deterioration by lathering the seams with wet suit cement, and it worked for a while, but ended up with a sticky BC that had black blotches every were. It has been in the closet for 3 years now. I trued to claim warranty on it but since I tried to fix it myself the shop told me I had nulled the warranty. That's my own dumb fault. A $600 BC that lasts 100 dives, that just doesn't sound right. I guess I don't love my Zeagle after all!

Zeagle carries a lifetime warranty(I believe).......should send it back & they'll replace it, I bet.....

If it were me Slim, I'd just get another Scubapro Stab jacket. I have the "Classic" and love it. I've been diving one for the past 17 years. I think it's a great jacket in most any condition and I dive mostly in the Caribbean. The only thing is, if you get 25 years out of the next one, it might outlast you! But I hope not for your sake!!!!!!!!

Ashley

Can't speak to what the "best" or most popular is...as you said, that is pretty high level stuff. Popular could be numbers sold or one with fewest critical feedbacks.

I have 2, a Zeagle Ranger LTD and a Diverite Transplate BPW. Used to use the Zeagle for single tank dives, but the more I dive the BPW, the more I am thinking about getting a single tank wing and putting the Zeagle out to pasture, and using the Transplate for everything.

Back
Top Bottom