Reliable Merchant for Canon Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not dealt with them but it seems like there are alot of companies out there with shady deals like this. Check out Compare Prices, Store Reviews and Ratings by Real People to make sure that the company listed above is reputable.

There are many businesses out there that will offer a great price for the camera and then never deliver or require that you also purchase accessories for the camera that should come with the camera (like the battery) to raise the price.

I have had really good luck with B&H Photo, Adorama, and Costco for cameras. The nice thing about Costco is their return policy.

I hope this helps.

The main "question" with places like 86th St. Photo, is that they're selling Canon cameras imported outside of the official Canon channels. These cameras, if bought from a relatively reputable dealer, are identical to what you'd buy through an authorized Canon reseller, however, the camera will not be covered through Canon US warranty. Many of these resellers offer their own 1 year warranty, and I have no personal experience with how that works.

Just something to keep in mind when you shop. You can always call Canon directly to find out if a reseller is authorized.

Henrik

ok, thanks. I'll check with Canon

The other things I've read from various reviews is that these places will phone you to confirm your order, then try to hard sell you grossly inflated accessories well over market price. Or they'll say the price doesn't include English instructions, if you want the North American model you have to pay more. If you refuse, they become rude then eventually cancel your order.

I've had success shipping internationally from B&H Photo and Adorama too - and Amazon.com sometimes has decent prices with free shipping if you're in the U.S...

The other things I've read from various reviews is that these places will phone you to confirm your order, then try to hard sell you grossly inflated accessories well over market price.

Do you mean like this? 86th Street Photo & Video

$600 for an 8 gig SD card? Yikes. I don't care how speedy it is. I recently picked up a Sandisk Extreme III 8 gig card for what... $40 after rebate?

Nathan

I have never used them BUT B&H who I do trust has the camera for $469. They are typically within a few dollars of any rep dealer on the internet and have a long and proven track record. That price sound way fishy to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom