Religion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay once bubbled...
Sorry, Religion is a core requirement at the University of South Carolina.

English, Physics, and Calculus don't have anything to do with Business Management either, but I took them too.
I miss the University of Arizona... Where my education was pertinent.

I'll always be a Wildcat. :D

Yes you have to take the "core" requirements; but English is used in business to create business plans, policy manuals, and written documents necessary for success; Calculus can help a business manager determine how much volume of inventory her warehouse or storeroom will hold without trial and error; and Physics - the science of matter and energy and of interactions between the two, grouped in traditional fields such as acoustics, optics, mechanics, blah-blah-blah see Webster... well, the communications industry comes to mind. : ) Although Physics itself is not a core requirement at USC you know that. ; )

You can be a Wildcat forever but my alma marters will "Ram" a big "Cock" up OOPS. :wink:

{Bluefield College and University of South Carolina}

Oh, I almost forgot I did attend San Diego State, so the Aztec could "Rain on your Parade." (But then again, hit and miss almas - do they count?)

Be true to your school. :D R

SeaJay once bubbled...
Sorry, Religion is a core requirement at the University of South Carolina.

English, Physics, and Calculus don't have anything to do with Business Management either, but I took them too.

I'm not happy about it. I had to pay for it, you know. :(

It was explained to me that "graduates of the University of South Carolina must be well-rounded as well as specialized."

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I miss the University of Arizona... Where my education was pertinent.

I'll always be a Wildcat. :D

I feel sorry for you

the university may well have a view that it makes you a nice well rounded person, but that doesnt get you a job

it is knowledge and experience that count in todays market.

you would think will all the crap that is going on in the world today 99% caused by religion, that they would give it a break and stop forcing people to study it?

I did a BEng (Hons) in Electronic systems design:

Analogue and Digital Electronic Theory and Design
Control
DSP
Applied (Degree Level) Maths
Microprocessor theory
VLSI Design Theory and Design
Personal and Group Projects
Business Studies

Our first business studies assignment was really hard so i went to a friend who was doing International business studies (yr 1) and he didn't know where to start, he couldnt believe we had been given such a hard assignment.

Any way, because of the structure of the course and pertenant subjects, the whole class had jobs within 6 months of leaving uni

and that is what the whole point of it is, to get a job

SeaJay once bubbled...
I just shut my mouth and let him spout. Whatever, man. I'm not interested in defending "Durr," and I don't care if you dive "Durr" or not...

Like any acronym with a vowel in it, the natural incliniation is to make it into a word...while this guy may have not known what he is talking about, I prefer to say "Durr" instead of "Dee Eye Are" simply for the sake of brevity.

Make sense? Or do you call it "Ess See Ewe Bee Ay?"
Or maybe you say "Ell Ay Ess Ee Are?"

...But the point is, if you call it "Durr," then you probably don't know what you're talking about.

After all, if someone wanted to give you lots of advice on choosing a major airline to fly on, and they said that they hated "twah" airlines... Wouldn't you know immediately that they had absolutely no experience with TWA?

...Or if someone told you that they worked for En Ay Ess Ay for a couple of years, wouldn't you know immediately that they were full of it, and had probably never come within 100 yards of being employed by NASA?

Sure, perhaps this guy had read a lot online about DIR diving... But if that's the extent of his knowlege... Which it obviously was, since he didn't know it wasn't called "Durr" diving, then his experience is at best, limited, and at worst, ignorant. Add to that the fact that he THOUGHT he was educated on the topic, and all that's left is a person that's double ignorant... He don't know, and he don't know that he don't know. :D

Re: Curriculum at the University of South Carolina: Yeah, I'm not a fan... But I need to be here to build parts of the family business... And this is the University that's available to me here.

Like I said, I'll always be a Wildcat. We don't even know who those Sun Devil dudes are. Never heard of 'em. :D

Back
Top Bottom