Removing paint marker from dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting that your initials match mine. Maybe I will look a little closer at your sales. Especially since they are already marked!

Cheers
Charles

Yea, I am a fanatic for not having any ones name or stickers on my gear!!! Tanks, Reg's, flashlights. Anything.

Acetone is my go to. I have a quart safety bottle of it on the bench all the times and at least a gallon on the shelf! By the way, nail polish remover is mostly acetone with some smelly things and other stuff. So for rubber, HARD plastic and scuba tanks. But NOT the foo, foo paint on alum cylinders! Acetone will usually take it right off. But that hard plastic on your dive light in the attached photo or the paint on an aluminum cylinder it will gently melt it!!! Now back to my first statement. I would rather have a slightly melted spot than some one else initials! So be warned. I will next go to MEK if I need to! Warning you will melt plastic.

At our local dive swap meet, I restrained myself this year and only bought 7 cylinders. Mostly because the paint scheme matched mine! And the shiny black cylinders now have a dull spot on the top, and MY name.

Good Luck!

TTFN

PrffsrE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom