Rental kayaks for sale, Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm on the mailing list for Florida Bay Outfitters at MM104 in Key Largo. DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee, an owner, or even a friend, I'm just someone on the mailing list. They just posted their list of rental boats that they will be selling in July; they are taking deposits now.

Here are the details: SALES MORE INFO

Here is the list: RENTAL BOATS ON SALE It's pretty long, you need to scroll down a bit to get to the SOT's which, of course, are the only type you could really dive from.

66 OK Sunrise XKA85007J809 Trident 13 11/01/08 07/25/09 $549

S O B!! --- Frig frack hossenfeffer fluffer moonpie--

Oh well I love my giant yak.. I love my giant yak.. I love my giant yak..

The peekaboo is neat though all those yaks are STEALS!! -- If you ever think you might have the hankering that is some GREAT buys-- almost tempted to buy a second one to entertain young japanese tourista's on..

Eric, of course you love your giant yak, and you don't want to wait until the end of July for one, right?

I'll be down in the Keys next weekend for Sinko de Mayo and I'm going to look into reserving a touring kayak while I'm down there. My OK Prowler 13 Angler is a GREAT dive platform, but for recreational paddling, it is a BEAST.

Debby-- I agree. Get one of those fiberglass 17' long jobbers paddle five times and coast 1 mile..

I am SO trying to resist the urge to buy one. I really should not be spending money right now, library jobs are in serious jeopardy. On the other hand, it's hard to pass up a bargain. These are at such good prices that I could probably turn it around and sell it for what I paid for it, ya think? The ones I am seriously considering are gonna set me back about a grand.

Debby-- I do not know how you feel about your yaks but every gun I every sold I wish I still had. If you spend the money on it keep it. The only time to me this makes sense is if you only plan to use it short time then resale for what you have in it making the rental free.

I think the peek a boo would be cool to scout new sights. I thought about trying to make some sort of PVC scupper hole tube using the DOOR SCOPE as a lens to stick in there and look at the bottom.. I might contrapctionize something this summer.

Eric, I was only talking about...if I lose my job and have to eat...I could recoup the cost of the boat. With everyone's job on the line at present, a second kayak is a totally frivolous purchase...but I'm still really wanting to do it. I'll just have to have a look-see at them next Sunday!

Thanks Debby for the link. #65 is now on hold for one new yak diver!
I called Kayak Jeff over in Dania to pick their brains. When I brought up the price, they said "buy it!" They couldn't match the price!

Won't pick up until end of July... right around my B-Day! Whoo hoo!! Happy Birthday to me!

Debby.. keep the clunker yak.. Hermit Crab wants to dive with us! LOL

Jenny, CONGRATS!!!! You won't regret it!!! It's a really nice boat.

Huh what do you mean "clunker yak"?

Are you talking about my awesome Prowler 13 Angler that I dive and fish from? Of course I'm keeping it, it's not going anywhere.

I am still entertaining the idea of buying a sleek touring yak, but those cannot be dived (dove? diven?) from. I TOTALLY cannot afford one but I might just do it anyway.

Good on you for calling Jeff. I'm going to do the same before I make my final decision.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom