Rental lockers at Dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imwright1985

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So about a year ago my truck got broken into while we were unloading the boat and i had my gear stolen, now i figured not to leave anything in my car anymore. Just read about a friend having her car broken into recently and was wondering for dive charters and parks that offer diving access from shore or a bridge why they dont have lockers to rent for the day or dive period. Figure if shops run them and have onsite boat or a kinda shuttle/carpool service that is much less stuff to run the risk of getting stolen and a way for them to make a few bucks more revinue, and if parks run them then they have a little more income aswell, for shore dive areas im sure surfers will rent them too. Has anyone thought of this or had experience with it?

Maybe they figure that you've already got all the expensive gear with you and the only things left to get stolen are empty dive bags with minimal value.

We leave tanks and bins lying around all the time and it's never a problem, but just in case, we leave spare drysuits and regs in a locked trunk. Of course, Canadian thieves are very polite and would probably leave a note:)

Maybe they figure that you've already got all the expensive gear with you and the only things left to get stolen are empty dive bags with minimal value.

We leave tanks and bins lying around all the time and it's never a problem, but just in case, we leave spare drysuits and regs in a locked trunk. Of course, Canadian thieves are very polite and would probably leave a note:)

I wish that was true, south florida it seems they will steal almost anything that seems worth while though if your in the right or wrong area. My truck was left unattended for like 10 mins while we were unloading the boat and pulling over to staging docks and had everything stolen, including full tanks. It seems the further north you go the nicer and more honest people get but i would rather stay in the tropics for the diving

Would having lockers make any difference? They'd have to be pretty big lockers to stash tanks and dive gear, and knowing what you knew then, would you have thought to put everything in a locker just for those 10 minutes?

Would having lockers make any difference? They'd have to be pretty big lockers to stash tanks and dive gear, and knowing what you knew then, would you have thought to put everything in a locker just for those 10 minutes?

asfar as stashing gear i would say no, We now load the boat up on land. which would make it to where whoever is stealing would have to jump in while were stopped and jump out then too making it alot more difficult. im thinking more for personal items security

Back
Top Bottom