Renting or buying Go Pro accessories for Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I own a Go Pro Hero 6 which I bought for a vacation in the Maldives where I did snorkeling in low waters close to the coral reef. I will be diving in Malapascua this year and I would like to take videos to the thresher sharks
I will need additional equipment. Do I need to rent the equipment in the diving only? Or perhaps I can use my camera and rent there only the accessories? Which ones? Lights etc.?
Thank you

I can’t imagine lights are going to do you all that much good trying to film sharks wide angle that are several metres away.

A red filter is all I would suggest. I recall someone I know who did the thresher shark dives saying no lights or strobes allowed in Malapascua? Can someone confirm? As @Oz Chris mentioned, you’ll be so far away anyway.

Ok good to know. So I will need red filter, and perhaps another mount (by now I have only the basic go pro pole)
I still have to buy also the go pro case for 40m since by now I used it only for snorkeling

Do you have any suggestions about the red filter I should buy? Also, if filters are not that expensive, it coulb be useful to buy also other kinds of filters for different dives I will do in Malapascua, and Apo, Siquijor, etc.
For example macro filters or Others. Any hint is welcome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom