Rep Joe, from MA, HELP!!!!! Atmos Pressure differential ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I have two different AI computers. One of them is an Atmos Elite hoseless. The other is an Atmos AI. I was kinda messing around today with my doubles and came across something that is kinda troubling.

On the left post I had the Ai, on the right I had the Elite. I was getting a pressure difference of about 375 lbs between the two different computers. At first I thought that maybe the isolation manifold was just simply not open to allow the pressure in the two tanks to equalize. Not the case.

I checked the two different computers on one of my wife's tank. I got the same thing. A difference of about 375lbs.

Is this normal that the two different computers would give that big of a difference of a reading? Should I be concerned? Neither my wife or I have ever run out of air. I know that I have had my tanks down to about 300 lbs when I got back on my boat. I know what you are thinking, to low to get back on the boat. Rest at ease. Once the dive was over, I was doing a buoyancy check so I blew the tank down to 400 lbs at 15' no air in the BC or Dry suit (while holding onto the anchor line) to see how my weighting was. Dead calm flat surface.

Anything anyone could chime in on to help out would be great.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom